Hannah E. Mullins School of Practical Nursing

What is Federal Student Aid (FSA)

Federal Student Aid (FSA) comes from the U.S. Department of Education. It is meant to assist the student with education expenses at a post secondary school..

Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition, fees, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid also can help pay for educational expenses needed to be successful in school.

The types of aid available at Hannah E. Mullins school of Practical Nursing are:

  • Pell Grant – Pell Grant money usually doesn’t have to be repaid. Most U.S. Department of Education grants are based on the student’s financial need.
  • Loan – Loan money must be repaid with interest.

For details about the federal student aid programs, including maximum annual amounts and loan interest rates, visit studentaid.gov.

How to Get Started:

The financial aid process begins with completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA gives you the access to the largest source of financial aid to pay school. Visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to complete your FAFSA.

You and/or your family have the responsibility of planning and paying for your educational needs. Federal Student Aid is designed to assist in meeting these needs.